Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Craving Bing Cherries AND Chocolate Brownies?

Craving Bing Cherries AND Chocolate Brownies?





There is nothing like a warm chocolate brownie nestled in a pile of hot cherry sauce. This dessert was something that I had never made before. I was looking through my hundreds of recipes yesterday, when I ran across Raspberry brownie Bake recipe.  I wanted to make something to bring to a friend’s birthday celebration at a nearby restaurant, but I didn’t have a lot of time. The party would begin in an hour and a half! This recipe looked like a winner and even though I didn’t have enough raspberries, I DID have canned cherries and a box of brownie mix.


This dessert was easy to make and perfect for the occasion. It is served warm with vanilla ice cream on the side for an extra decadent presentation. The sour cherries burst in your mouth while the warm sweet chocolate brownie has a slightly chewy texture.
We ate it before I had a chance to snatch a picture of it, but I promised my friends I would share the recipe with them. I was able to make a few individual size extra servings that I can freeze for a later date.  I hope you will give this easy recipe a try and love it as much as I do.


 Warm Chocolate Cherry Jubilee

1 18.3 oz Box Fudge Brownie Mix (I used Betty Crocker) Plus eggs, water and canola oil per directions on box
2 15 oz cans of Dark Sweet Cherries pitted in heavy syrup. (I used Oregon Trail) Frozen cherries are ok.
½ C granulated sugar
Juice of 1 orange @ ¾ C
2 T Unsalted butter
¼ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbsp Kirsch Liquor or Grand Marnier
3 Tbsp cornstarch
¼ C water


Make brownies in a large bowl according to package directions. Set aside.
Open the canned cherries, pour into med sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add salt, nutmeg, orange juice.
In a separate small bowl measure out 3 T cornstarch, add H20 and stir. Immediately add cornstarch water mixture to boiling cherry sauce and stir with a wire whisk until thick and bubbly. Take off heat and pour into a buttered 13X9 baking dish. Dollop @ 8 huge scoops of brownie mix onto cherry sauce. Bake for 35 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful dessert Teri. I'll be making it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm glad I have inspired you Tammy.
      This recipe is a definite keeper.
      Happy baking!

      Delete